Evolution HTTP links

Sean Earp smearp at mac.com
Mon Mar 15 13:44:52 UTC 2004

Sandy Pond wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 00:44, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
>

>>On Sun, 2004-03-14 at 21:07 -0800, Sean Earp wrote:
>>

>>>Is there anything that can be done to
>>>change this silly requirement?  Am I missing anything?  Any
>>>information/suggestions/flames/thoughts would be much appreciated.  Thanks,
>>>

>>I've never had this problem, Evolution 1.5.* has always obeyed the
>>browser preference I set with gnome-default-applications-properties
>>(galeon, in my case).

Well, Tom was absolutely correct.  Changing my default application
allowed me to click on a link and have it open up in Firefox.  Is there
a KDE equivelent to gnome-default-application-properties?  It works fine
when I run it from the command line, but as a newbie, I would expect to
be able  to  click on the "System Settings" menu and find an app to
change my default applications.  As far as I can see, there is none.

>>Default is epiphany ... but isn't installed by default :)

Any reason I shouldn't file the above as a bug?   The default web
browser should be the one installed by default, not one that you need to
add later or as part of a custom install...

Thanks for the help everyone!

-Sean :)