gmp-4.1.2-13 pentium4 optimizations produce SIGILL on athlons

Bernhard K. Weisshuhn bkw at weisshuhn.de
Tue Mar 16 11:56:51 UTC 2004

Hi list,

after upgrading an athlon system to gmp-4.1.2-13 from rawhide, I got
SIGILLs from openswan pluto, which uses gmp.
Seems gmp is configured for pentium4-Systems, which is even hardwired in
the specfile (CFLAGS -march=PENTIUM4 and configure --enable-cxx
pentium4-redhat-linux)! Does that make sense?

I then did s/pentium4/athlon/i on the specfile and rebuilt (with
--target athlon, just to make shure). The resulting binary cured the
problems with pluto.
Do we perhaps need cpu-specific packages for gmp?

Should I file that in bugzilla?

regards,
Bernie