FC2 Test1 - Partitions automatically re-arranged

Frederic Soulier frederic at wallaby.uklinux.net
Wed Mar 17 23:02:46 UTC 2004

Hi

Ok installing FC2 Test1 in Custom mode and choosing Disk Druid.
I have /dev/hdg (80Gb HD) which is completely empty.

New    /boot       40 Mb     --> /dev/hdg1
New    SWAP      1024 Mb     --> /dev/hdg2
New    /          300 Mb     --> /dev/hdg3

New    LVM PV   55000 Mb

and I get:

/boot       /dev/hdg1
LVM PV      /dev/hdg2
SWAP        /dev/hdg3
Extended    /dev/hdg4
   /        /dev/hdg5

Why is the LVM PV created in /dev/hdg2 instead of /dev/hdg5?
Also is there a way to indicate the partition must be created as a
logical one in the Extended primary partition.

Ideally I want:
     /boot     /dev/hdg1
     Extended  /dev/hdg4
       SWAP    /dev/hdg5
       /       /dev/hdg6
       LVM PV  /dev/hdg7

I don't see any way to do that at this stage of the installation (except
if I use fdisk before starting the install process to create these
partitions the way I want)

The "Force partition to be created as Primary" tick box does not seem to
have any effect...

Finally, why is the minimum recommended size by for /boot 75Mb? It seems
quite a bit too much for /boot

Thanks.

--
Frederic Soulier <frederic at wallaby.uklinux.net>