Firefox and Thunderbird

Frederic de Villamil neuro at seclab.jp
Thu Mar 18 11:23:04 UTC 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Sean Earp wrote:

> Hello All-
>
> I'm sure the question has been asked and answered, but I didn't see it
> on the mailing list archives nor in Bugzilla as an RFE.
>
> Is there any particular reason that Firefox and Thunderbird are not
> included in Fedora?  Maximum PC Magazine just had a showdown between
> Firebird (the old version of Firefox) and Internet Explorer, and
> Firebird won  (hands down IIRC).  Thunderbird is extremely stable and
> has a great interface and nice features.  Now that Fedora has spilled on
> to 4 CD's, and there is some more room for packages, any reason that
> Thunderbird and Firefox can't be added to the distribution?  Any info
> would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks,
>
> -Sean

Hi Sean,
[root at therese root]# apt-cache search firefox
firefox - Mozilla Firefox Web browser.
flash-plugin - Macromedia Flash Player 6.0

Seems Firefox is provided by FC2.

My apt-get source for it:
rpm http://fedora.mirror.sdv.fr/fedora fedora/1.90/i386 os updates stable unstable testing
rpm-src http://fedora.mirror.sdv.fr/fedora fedora/1.90/i386 os updates

Anyway, that's true thunderbird is not provided. Don't know why.
Hope this helps.
Frederic
--
< Ylli> lol je rigole neuro jte prend pa pr un pervers ms un president
et pere de famille respectable :s