Mozilla Localization

Christopher Blizzard blizzard at redhat.com
Thu Mar 18 21:16:45 UTC 2004

Alan Cox wrote:

>On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 04:57:35PM -0700, Tommy McNeely wrote:
>

>>I am curious how many languages the Red Hat Mozilla gets localized into.
>>

>Almost none, but fortunately you can download language packs from
>mozilla.org for all the ones that are missing.
>
>Alan (who does this for cy each time)

Yeah, we're sucking.  The problem is that I need to go hunt all over the
world (well, the internet - every language pack is in a different place)
to the various locations to find langpacks for every release that we
do.  It sucks.  And usually the release of the langpack happens weeks
after the release of the browser, if ever.  So we do include our "top
tier languages" but only the bare set.  Mozilla can at least download
langpacks after the fact which means that we're not completely shutting
out other languages.  We're just making it hard.

--Chris

--
Christopher Blizzard