yum issues with fc1/fc2

donald raikes don.raikes at oracle.com
Fri Mar 19 16:45:31 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I have fedora core 1 installed on a compaq pc. I used bittorrent to download FC2-test1, and burned the cd images and tried to install from there.

Unfortunately the install got clear to the end of the 4th cd and crashed.

My next thought was to try yumming up to fc2.
I got the appropriate yum and rpmdb-fedora packages from download.fedora.redhat.com, and installed them.

When I run yum upgrade, I get a dependency error with XFree86 saying it isn't available.

I went to http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/Fedora/RPMS, and searched for the XFree86 packages, but they were not there.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?