Anyone have Tyan S2880 (Dual Opteron) and got the onboard broadcom adapters working?

Samuel Flory sflory at rackable.com
Fri Mar 19 18:52:43 UTC 2004

Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> SF> I've done much with the 2880 lately as the 2881, and 2882 are more
> SF> interesting.
>
> As someone considering buying a bunch of 2882 boards, your comment
> worries me.  Could you be more specific?

   The 2882's are more interesting in that they aren't missing 2 dimmn
solts like the 2880.  Which is important if you are planning on using
16G of memory or NUMA. The 2882 are just as much a pain in the ass as
any other amd64 board.  Just be sure to use qualified dimmns and test
the memory throughly even then.

--
There is no such thing as obsolete hardware.
Merely hardware that other people don't want.