Strange package dependency problem

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 20 03:02:34 UTC 2004

Swamper said:
> William Hooper wrote:
>> Thomas Molina said:
>> > So is it ever planned that simply clicking on the rhn applet and
>> running
>> > up2date from the panel should work?
>>
>> For the development tree, no.
>
> What are we gaining by breaking the package management system?

Unless you are forcing packages I don't see how the package management
system is being broken.  To the contrary, the package management system is
working as designed because it won't let you install packages that would
break dependencies on installed packages.

Maybe we should go back to the old way of making everyone manually
download and update packages so that people won't complain about yum and
up2date not working...

--
William Hooper