Strange package dependency problem

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 21 04:03:02 UTC 2004

Swamper said:
> Then what is the point of this running daily?
>
> ###
> cat /etc/cron.daily/yum.cron

I wouldn't let a cron job update my system from a stable tree, let alone
from development.  How do you know what update broke your system?

> Yum will be broke unless I edit that file and tell it to exclude
> gdm.

Yum is working as designed.  And, if you had spent the time working on
your system instead of bitching you would have gdm installed by now.

> Why should I need to run yum manually now and tell it to
> skip that file?  Why can't it read my mind?

Do you really want me to reply to this?

A bigger question would be what happens when it doesn't read your mind and
breaks your system?

> Personally, IDGARA
> what status it returns.

That's the difference between you and me.

--
William Hooper