2.6.4 vanilla kernel and ATI drivers for 9700 Pro don't work

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sun Mar 21 21:17:15 UTC 2004

> Only reason I brought up the ATI here in Fedora Core Test is that Fedora
> Core 1 would work with the ATI on any 2.4 kernel. Since FC2, nada.

you're talking about the closed-source drivers, right? The binary-only
ones shipped by ATI? Or are you talking about the open source drivers in
the xorg-x11 and XFree86 trees?

If you're talking about the former then you're definitely on the wrong
list. It's something to take up with ATI. If you're talking about the
latter, then by all means, it should be discussed here.

-sv