Fedora ftp site?

Roland Wolters wolters.liste at gmx.net
Sun Mar 21 21:31:22 UTC 2004

Once upon a time William Hooper wrote:
> I don't understand what up2date isn't doing that you want it to.  It seems
> to me that it is doing exactly what you are asking.  By default it gets a
> list of mirror servers and picks one.  Alternatively, you can specify your
>
> own list of mirrors.  Isn't this exactly what you described:

It seems to me that the list of mirrors is only a list of not working mirrors:
it never switched to german mirrors I had to add them to the sources list for
my own - and then everything worked great.
Maybe the only problem was a bad list of mirrors or that up2date do not choose
the mirrors depend on the place were the computer with the fedora is located
to - or am I wrong?

Roland