3. 2.6.4 vanilla kernel and ATI drivers for 9700 Pro don't work

joe joe at tmsusa.com
Mon Mar 22 06:40:20 UTC 2004

Richard Martin wrote:

>I have tried every which way to get any ATI driver to work with Fedora Core
>1.9.  Has any one tried using SNAP, I couldn't figure out how to install it,
>please post instructions if it works for you.
>

>Win user, unless.......................

Well, if you want to use windows, go ahead - not my cup of tea - I could
never switch to windows over a video card, I'd buy a linux friendly
video card instead.

FWIW, I know people with ATI cards on FC1 and they had problems getting
the card set up, but I believe they eventually got it running and were
happy with the performance.

I'm sure someone here will post their happy experiences with ATI
cards/drivers.

Joe
--
Happily running linux with Nvidia cards on every desktop, because life
it too short for that other nonsense.