3. 2.6.4 vanilla kernel and ATI drivers for 9700 Pro don't work

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Mon Mar 22 07:17:50 UTC 2004

joe wrote:
> Richard Martin wrote:

> FWIW, I know people with ATI cards on FC1 and they had problems getting
> the card set up, but I believe they eventually got it running and were
> happy with the performance.
>

> --
> Happily running linux with Nvidia cards on every desktop, because life
> it too short for that other nonsense.

I'm quite happy with my Radeon 9100 using the stock Fedora driver.  It
"just works".  I do a lot of installs, upgrades, etc. on this machine.
I never even think about the video.  Like I say, it just works.  It's
zippy enough to handle Return to Castle Wolfenstein at 1280x1024x32 with
all the eye candy turned on.  The 9100 is actually a better card than
the 9200, BTW.  ATI's numbering scheme is strange.

-Steve