Fedora ftp site?

shmuel siegel fedora at shmuelhome.mine.nu
Mon Mar 22 10:28:28 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-03-21 at 23:44, Richard Ayer III wrote:
> Maybe a good idea would be for there to be 2 copies of the main repository,
> one for public access and one for mirrors only to sync off of (assuming that
> wouldn't bee ridiculously difficult to setup/maintain and/or prohibitively
> expensive)?
>
> Richard Ayer III

A couple of points to add to this discussion.
RedHat does say that the official mirrors get preferred bandwidth. If
that is true, I don´t know what your suggestion buys unless it makes the
server farm more reliable.
The cost value trade-off depends somewhat on the expected load level. If
the current situation of massive changes and high load is to be routine,
then I agree with your suggestion. If it is a once a year situation,
then usually the extra assets will be sitting idle.