Strange package dependency problem

Swamper swamper at adelphia.net
Mon Mar 22 20:42:13 UTC 2004

seth vidal wrote:
> no, it's not that there is not room for improvement I'm just not sure
> how useful it is to spend a lot of time focusing on improving a
> situation that only happens to people using rawhide. At some level
> people using rawhide should know that the world will break and bring
> pain into their being.

I'm assuming that yum is here to stay as part of Fedora and it
will evolve into something that takes the best features from
up2date and apt and will be what most people see when we move
into another level of development.  The way I look at it, this
stuff will always be in development.  When they say it isn't it
will be time to move on to something else.

To say improving such an important part of this system because
the world will be a safer place one day might not be the best
way to look at this.  I'm using Fedora because I believe this is
where the action is and this is where we will find the latest
and greatest new toys.  I can live with the fact that everything
isn't going to work perfect all the time.  The alternative is to
run outdated and stagnant software.

I guess my point is it would be nice if yum was more of a
hunting dog and not so much a house pet.  No offense intented
but I hope you known what I'm getting at.  The yellow dog I'm
thinking of doesn't eat puppy chow.  That awesome creature will
turn your house into a battle zone but is truly your best friend
out in that great wide open where the future is wide open.

--
A rebel without a clue