system-config-packages problems

Sean Earp smearp at mac.com
Wed Mar 24 04:59:34 UTC 2004

Hello All,

A couple of quick questions about system-config-packages...

First of all, the version that comes installed FC2 Test 1 is
system-config-packages-1.9.3-2.1  yet the latest version in rawhide is
system-config-packages-1.2.10-1.    I am guessing that the version 1.9
is numbered erroneously (as all previous releases were in the 1.2 tree),
but since it is labled as a later version than the current one; up2date,
yum, and rpm will not install the current version (without manually
specifying --oldpackage).  Is this an error that needs to be  fixed?

Secondly, can anyone at all make system-config-packages add an
additional package that was not originally installed during the initial
setup?  Bugs 116920, 118852, 115630, and 118517 all basically boil down
to the same problem, and that is that system-config-packages simply
errors out after selecting a package to add.   This occurs in both
1.9.3-2.1 and 1.2.10-1

Any feedback (confirming that I'm not crazy... or perhaps that I am)
would be much appreciated.  Thanks,

-Sean :)