KDE lib problem

yonas abraham yonasb at netzero.com
Wed Mar 24 05:39:31 UTC 2004

I was waiting to see if other ppl have the same problem, but i guess it
is only me. After I did yum update around March 18th, I can't be able to
run any KDE application. For example I get the ff error msg when i try
to run kspread from command line.

kspread: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libkdeui.so.4:
undefined symbol: _ZN9QComboBox4hideEv

this sounds like it try to link to an older or newer lib file.

I did yum remove kde* and did yum install kde* but the library reference
problem is still there.  I try to install kde from source code using
konstract in to a local  dir and all of the new one work perfectly.

any idea how to fix it?

--yonas