Problems upgrading kernel and X failing.

Fritz Elfert fritz.elfert at millenux.com
Wed Mar 24 20:28:16 UTC 2004

Check your mouse setup in XF86Config. In the new kernel package, they disabled
support for /dev/psaux (to packagers: any good reason for that?) In addition,
the new xorg server simply dies without switching back to text mode if it does
not find any pointer device. You can verify this by
examining /var/log/XFree86.0.log. I had the same prob and simply
changed /dev/psaux to /dev/input/mice in XF86Config. After that it worked ...

Ciao
 -Fritz