fc2 test 1 install crash using brltty

donald raikes don.raikes at oracle.com
Fri Mar 26 03:20:34 UTC 2004

Hi all,
I have been struggling with a problem getting fc2 installed while using brltty.

All goes well until the post-install stage. Then I get an anaconda exception (see trace below).

After trying this several times, I discovered the problem is that my braille display is using hte usb port, and anaconda is giving a device busy error for /dev/usb.

Once I connect via serial port, the install finished just fine.
This could be a problem not only for braille devices connected via usb, but also for disk drives as well.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 1139, in ?
    intf.run(id, dispatch, configFileData)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/text.py", line 474, in run
    dispatch.gotoNext()
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 168, in gotoNext
    self.moveStep()
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 236, in moveStep
    rc = apply(func, self.bindArgs(args))
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/packages.py", line 1069, in doPostInstall
    isys.umount('/proc/bus/usb', removeDir = 0)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/isys.py", line 193, in umount
    rc = _isys.umount(what)
SystemError: (16, 'Device or resource busy')

Local variables in innermost frame:
what: /proc/bus/usb
removeDir: 0