new kernels, cifs and new webmin

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 26 03:36:34 UTC 2004

Harry Putnam said:
> If so, is it writable?  I ask because I've been consistently able to
> mount with cifs but cannot write to the mounted fs.
[snip]
> Can you post your mount command?
>
> Mine from fstab:
> (wrapped for mail)
> //exp-xp/J-ahn-d  /mnt/J-ahn-d  cifs
>   noauto,username=Harry,password=""

Well, I'm not the OP, but:

[whooper at poit whooper]$ uname -a
Linux poit.private.whooper.org 2.6.3-2.1.253.2.1 #1 Fri Mar 12 14:01:55
EST 2004 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
[whooper at poit whooper]$ cat /etc/fedora-release
Fedora Core release 1.91 (FC2)
[whooper at poit whooper]$ sudo mount -t cifs -o username=whooper
//brain/backups /mnt/temp/
Password:
[whooper at poit whooper]$ cd /mnt/temp/
[whooper at poit temp]$ ls test
ls: test: No such file or directory
[whooper at poit temp]$ touch test
[whooper at poit temp]$ ls test
test
[whooper at poit temp]$ rm test
[whooper at poit temp]$ ls test
ls: test: No such file or directory
[whooper at poit temp]$

Brain is a Win2k Pro machine.  Note that I have a non-blank password, but
I don't know if that is your issue or not.

--
William Hooper