DVD images of new FC

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Fri Mar 26 14:43:57 UTC 2004

Once upon a time, Maynard Kuona <knxmay001 at mail.uct.ac.za> said:
> I think is the interests of saving space, what is more needed is a
> script which is part of the isos which can automate the making of the
> dvd from the normal isos. This will require more space, but probably
> more efficient for everyone too, since you will only have to redownload
> 1 iso if something goes wrong, rather than a whole dvd iso.

Here's my script to do this:

http://www.iruntheinter.net/files/misc/mkdvd-1.0

It tries to catch the errors and clean up.  I'm thinking about adding
MD5SUMS checking to it.

This one uses the "-f" option to mkisofs to follow symlinks so that it
doesn't have to copy the whole tree to disk.  This speeds up the process
significantly and also doesn't require as much disk space.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>