fc2 yum dependency issue

Mike Frisch mfrisch at isurfer.ca
Fri Mar 26 19:11:46 UTC 2004

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 11:43:50AM -0700, donald raikes wrote:
> After chugging for a while, and trying to resolve dependencies, I get
> the following message:
>
> package redhat-lib needs /usr/bin/kill, this is not available
>
> I noticed that kill is in /bin not /usr/bin, so I created a link to it
> in /usr/bin, but the same thing happened.
>
> Any ideas?

I don't have any answers for you, but I am having similar problems.

Occasionally, when attempting to install a package that has dependencies
on other, uninstalled packages, yum claims that the other packages are
not available (even though I could run yum separately and get them).

For example "package A" is dependent on "library B".  Neither are
currently installed.  When I "yum install" package A, it says that
"library B" is not available even though it'll show up in the "yum find"
results.  It's not pulling in the dependencies automatically
consistently.