migrating to xorg (yum bug)

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Sat Mar 27 17:10:07 UTC 2004

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 11:35:48PM -0800, Dave Brown wrote:
> Reading the list and Chris Adams suggestions for
> install xorg I issued the command:
>
> rpm -qa --qf '%{name}\n' | grep XFree86 | sed
> 's/XFree86/xorg-x11/' | xargs yum install
>
> but then was presented with:
> Is this ok [y/N]: Traceback (most recent call last):
> EOFError: EOF when reading a line

This looks to me like a bug in yum.  It should not try to be
interactive if stdin is not coming from tty.  If it should then
assume automatically an anwer "y" in an absence of other information
(configuration or a command line) this is a good question.  I would
be inclined to answer yes to that but it can be argued that this is
not safe.

Yes, I know that there is '-y' command line option and
"assume-yes".

To bugzilla?

   Michal