2.6 kernel 2.6.4-1.290 reboots on unsuspend

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Sun Mar 28 14:37:04 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm seeing problems with the new kernel 2.6.4-1.290.

My machine has issues with ACPI so I am using APM for now. I can get a
reasonably working system with APM, but ACPI doesn't report battery
levels at all.

The real problem is that the machine reboots when it comes out of being
suspended. I wondered if anything had changed in the kernels recently
causing this behaviour? I think the original 2.6 kernel from the FC2
test 1 isos worked normally.

If it is the kernel kapmd, is there some way to disable or tune it's
behaviour? I am running the user space apmd (apmd-3.0.2-20) but if I
kill that before suspending, it doesn't help.

Any ideas?

-Cam