OT: communication (was Re: yum broken; headers directory missing)

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Sun Mar 28 22:45:00 UTC 2004

Charles Curley wrote:

>I am concerned with the precise use of the English language. Think of
>language like a network protocol. If you don't use a network protocol
>correctly, you don't communicate.

<bore>

communication must not be succesfully or correctly to be named as
communication

"Medzinische Psychologie im Grundriss, Verlag fuer Psychologie, 1981"
p. 476
Man kann nicht _nicht_ kommunzieren. [..] dass alles Verhalten
Kommunikation ist. [...]
You can not _not_ communicate. [...] all behaviour is communication. [...]

>Similarly, if you don't use English
>correctly, you don't communicate.

i personally can not use english correctly  :-(
my native language is german
but i can communicate  :-)

my incorrectly english communication results often in missunderstandings,
but this can even happen in your native language with your friends,
parents, ...

you are communicating with words, letters, signatures, smileys,
behaviour, speech, clothes, ...

what luck that we are not only simple network-protocols ;-)

back to yum:

yum as receiver, the server as sender
    headers.info "404: not found"
yum as sender, you as receiver
    headers.info "404: not found"

yum is communicating succesfully in all directions !

like you mentioned, yum is not the faulty part,
this was in this case eventually a faulty script.

</bore>

--
shrtek-m