FC2 test2 is a BAD joke

Jean Francois Martinez jfm512 at free.fr
Mon Mar 29 21:11:47 UTC 2004

Let's summarize:

1)  CD doesn't boot, no it is not the computer it has booted from CD
hundreds of times, it is not the ISO I checksummed it and it is not the
CD since I reburned it

After burning the boot.iso contained in CD1  and booting from it I find

2) If I select "install from CD" it prompts me for a driver.  For an IDE
CD reader.
And if I try to select one of the proposed drivers it proposes
neither the plain driver for IDE, or the driver for the SCSI card
controlling my CD burner.  The only thing it proposes is drivers for
Raid cards and similar equipment used by MARTIANS.

3) If I select "install from hard disk" it also prompts me for a driver
for my perfectly normal IDE disks.   And it also proposes exotic
equipment who doesn't exist on planet earth where most people don't
use RAID

4) If I select "install from NFS" it also prompts me for an ethrnet
driver (despite having found and loaded the driver for my ethernet card
like evidenced by switching console) and guess what?  It does not
propose the driver for my card, yes that one it had loaded, and AFAIK
one who is found in very shop.

At this point I got really angry about Fedora: no matter how beta a
released distro it is supposed to complete its install and this one
doesn't even start it.

--
Jean Francois Martinez <jfm512 at free.fr>