FC2 test2 is a BAD joke

Jean Francois Martinez jfm512 at free.fr
Mon Mar 29 21:54:51 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 23:15, Ben Steeves wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 17:11, Jean Francois Martinez wrote:
>
> > At this point I got really angry about Fedora: no matter how beta a
> > released distro it is supposed to complete its install and this one
> > doesn't even start it.
>
> It sounds more like you have some seriously wonky equipment.  Has this
> machine ever run a Linux distro before?

This machine has been running Linux since its birth in 1999.  It ran
FC1, FC2 test 1, everything.   It has perfectly standard equipment and
it isn't a problem of equipment when the installer in boot.iso does not
support IDE disks like used by 99.999999999999 % of Earthers, and it
isn't a problem of equipment when the installer in boot.iso is
forcing you to choose an ethernet driver (from a list
of exotic cards you don't have) because it is too stupid
to notice that your card has been detected and its driver (via-rhine)
successfully loaded.  And it refuses to go further since of course

--
Jean Francois Martinez <jfm512 at free.fr>