FC2 test2 is a BAD joke

Jean Francois Martinez jfm512 at free.fr
Tue Mar 30 06:16:34 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 00:44, Alan Cox wrote:
> > At this point I got really angry about Fedora: no matter how beta a
> > released distro it is supposed to complete its install and this one
> > doesn't even start it.
>
> Statistical value of one sample -> nil.
>
> Please file a bug and include hw info so we can work out why it fails
> in your case.

I will fill a report tonight but:
1) The recording system is an Athlon with Nforce 2 chipset and
Liteon LTR-48246S as CD recorder running RedHat 9 with all updates
applied.  The image didn't boot from the Athlon be it from the
DVD reader or the CD writer.  It also didn't boot on my test on
my test machine a K6 with a CD reader and an SCSI CD writer (failed to
boot from both, and yes the box can boot from both).  So at this point
the image has failed to boot from 4 readers.  And I reburned it in case
the media was defective.
I also notice that someone with the same problem succeeded in doing a
mediacheck (through booting with FC2T1) and it succeeded so I don't
believe it is a media or writer problem.

2) the problem who really angered me is the realtive to the boot.iso
contained in CD1: the fact it says me it cannot use my _IDE_ CDROM,
the fact it says me it cannot use my _IDE_ disks, the fact I see it
cannot use my SCSI CD writer, the fact I see it loading the via-rhine
driver but then it says me it cannot use my ethernet card

--
Jean Francois Martinez <jfm512 at free.fr>