FC2 test2 is a BAD joke

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Tue Mar 30 10:51:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 09:55, Manu Abraham wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 Mar 2004 4:01 am, Alan Santos wrote:
> > I'm one more sample with a problem when partitioning, and a reference to
> > bugzilla for another.
> >
> > But calling it a joke is too inflammatory and insulting to the people
> > who have spent many hours working on it so far.
> >

> 	You are absolutely right.
I'm glad you agree

> It is not just the developer alone. Consider the people who download
> the ISO's over relatively slow links and try it on their machines,
> just to find their data just vanished.
I seem to sense a level of sarcasm in this particular sentence.

These people that are downloading a test release over an extremely slow
link would have to have a fairly large desire to use a test release. for
what ever reason.
I would have thought they would do this knowing that it was a test
release and as such may not work for every one.

To then suggest that they installed a test solution on their main
desktop/server as apposed to "throw away hardware" surly is an insult to
their intelligence? And if it is not and they actually did do that, I'm
sorry but I don't feel even remotely sorry for them.

Oh no... I'm not feeding a troll am I?

Doug