SELinux issues (I think) with FC2T2

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Tue Mar 30 13:58:24 UTC 2004

Ok, after doing a clean install, by creating the first CD and using
linux askmethod via NFS install, so far so good.

But I discovered a couple of things and not sure how to go about this...

1 - When su'ing to root, I get this..

[mike at bart mike]$ su -
Password:
su: warning: cannot change directory to /root: Permission denied

But I can change to /root manually after I get to root, just not
initially on it's own when the su - is issued.

2 - While running mozilla and browsing a directory to import my
bookmarks as normal user, it wouldn't let me view the /home dir unless I
turn off selinux temporarily (it's back on now though).

Do I have to enable/edit something (as in
/etc/security/selinux/src/*something*) to allow me to do this?

Which I am the only user besides the system/root that logs on here,
maybe my username needs admin rights or something?

3 - While trying to start from gnome using redhat/system settings/login
screen, it asks for root password but never starts.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's only funny until someone gets hurt...Then it's hilarious!"