SELinux issues (I think) with FC2T2

netopml at newview.com netopml at newview.com
Tue Mar 30 14:26:48 UTC 2004

mike at netlyncs.com (Mike Chambers) writes:
> Ok, after doing a clean install, by creating the first CD and using
> linux askmethod via NFS install, so far so good.

Some of your questions are in the FAQ:
Q:.

I installed Fedora Core on a system with an existing /home partition, and
now I can't log in.
A:.

Your /home partition is not labeled correctly. You can fix this by labeling
/home correctly:

/usr/sbin/setfiles /etc/security/selinux/file_contexts /home

You will need to have the policy-sources package installed to use
setfiles. Alternately, you can use the fixfiles utility to relabel /home
without having to install policy-sources.

Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer              E-Mail : mathieu at newview.com
       Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately
                    explained by stupidity.
                     -- Hanlon's Razor --