Managing Fedora Testing

Will Backman whb at ceimaine.org
Tue Mar 30 19:27:17 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 14:15, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> I realize that pre-alpha releases are hard to get functioning.  But
> I also understand good and bad test procedures.  If you are going to
> test a product with 4000 modified components, you don't throw all your
> pre-alpha code together in one place, then ask people to test it,
> because they will only detect errors that crop up early.  What that
> means is that you thrash out the problems in the first 100 components,
> perhaps, and the latter 3900 components are mostly untested.

By design, a test release is a test of a whole bunch of things at once.
Rawhide allows one to test individual package updates against a more
static system.

I will say that it seems odd to have some major changes between test 1
and test 2.

--
Will Backman <whb at ceimaine.org>
Coastal Enterprises, Inc.