Spatial Nautilus

Tue Mar 30 21:25:40 UTC 2004

Hi,

I agree that the spatial mode is way too spartan, but that wasn't the main
idea.  The idea was simply that each folder has certain properties, a
background, a position, etc.  This was already somewhat true in the browse
mode, but is easier to see in "spatial mode".  Mac OS 6-9 used this
scheme, as did OS/2.  I don't think this means that the toolbar has to be
done away with though, it could simply have different items in it.  In
particular, I would like the zoom and "view as..." widgets there.  I
suppose people in hell want ice water too...