FC2T2 rhn-applet-gui

Christian B. Ellsworth Capo k at dicec.cl
Tue Mar 30 21:56:57 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 17:48, William Hooper wrote:
> Christian B. Ellsworth Capo said:

> >> chmod it 700 and the only root gets it 8)
> > actually not the most elegant way of doing it... but i must say.. a
> > clever one...
>
> Works good if you still want to be able to use it as root.
>
> > perhaps uninstall the up2date rpm?... i don't even want to up2date
> > anymore.. apt or yum (the one that actually works) works much better..
>
> You do realize that rhn-applet isn't part of the up2date rpm, right?

actually after checking a little deeper is not, but i still don't use
either...
rhn-applet is a stand alone package... my fault (not to recall/remember
that).

actually you are right...

--
Christian B. Ellsworth Capo (k at dicec.cl)
Linux Chief Engineer

DICEC Ltda.
Mariano Sanchez Fontecillas 966b, Las Condes, Santiago, Chile.
Phone (56 2) 2633340
Fax (56 2) 2071820
Mobile (56 9) 4195632

All Your Base Are Belong To Tux