FC2 Test 2 CD 1 Does Not Boot

Tom Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 31 01:28:12 UTC 2004

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 12:09:41AM -0800, Tom Mitchell wrote:

> Just curious, Is the kernel in CD1 an enforcing mode kernel?  If it is
> what would be the interaction with an existing file system with policy
> labels on all the low numbered inodes and more.
>
> In the future when folks begin to modify policy extensively could
> there be an issue?

To answer my own question  the CDROM's kernel does not seem
to be in enforcing mode.

There are issues with an existing policy after an update.  For me pam
(or something) would not let root login until I booted with enforcing
turned off.  Then I  reinstalled policy, and relabeled the FS etc.

The good news is that grub made it easy to edit bootstrap flags and options.
Back up and running.... in enforcing mode.

I have not identified the exact error that kept root from logging in
after the update process.  If I can sort it out from the logs I will
share.

Later,
Tom.

BTW: I also had to use the FC1.90 #1 disc and switch to FC1.91's #1 disc
at the VERY first opportunity.  Both discs were burned the same way
with Xroast on the same FC1 system and both pass the disk check stage.
The new disc is not even seen as a boot disk for me and is just ignored
by the BIOS.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l