Booting from an ISO.

Dimitrios sehh at altered.com
Wed Mar 31 02:25:10 UTC 2004

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:35:57 -0800 "Patrick" <pabos at glypsube.org> wrote:

> Is it possible to configure grub to boot from an ISO image on a
> harddrive partition? I'd like to try out FC2 Test2 but I'd rather not
> burn CDs which have such a short shelf-life. If I can find a way I'd
> like to create a 3GB partition and copy the FC2 Test2 DVD ISO there and
> then boot directly off of the ISO on that partition from grub.

What i do, is to use an x86 emulator which simulates a whole compulter,
then i can play with it as much as i want without rebooting.

Under OS/2 and Windoze i've used VirtualPC, which emulates a computer
with full hardware.

Under Linux you can use bochs which can be downloaded from http://bochs.sourceforge.net/

No need to reboot or make space in your work machine, just create a virtual pc ;)