Calming the BAD JOKE thread

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Wed Mar 31 03:43:45 UTC 2004

On Mar 30, 2004, Markku Kolkka <markkukolkka at kolumbus.fi> wrote:

> Alexandre Oliva kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika keskiviikko,
> 31. maaliskuuta 2004 00:07):
>> boot.iso is just a small extract of the boot CD.  If the
>> latter doesn't work, it's highly unlikely that the former
>> will.

> Really?

Yup.  Same isolinux, same vmlinux, same initrd.img.  At least it was
that way last I checked, back in FC1.  I don't see why it would have
changed.

> I couldn't boot from FC2test2 CD1, but I could boot with boot.iso
> from that same CD and install over network.

Did you do anything different when you burned boot.iso?  Did you
actually check that your CD1 was burned correctly (since you couldn't
boot it, you'd have to run /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/checkisomd5
--verbose /dev/cdrom on a system that has anaconda-runtime installed)