Where are the libgimp RPMS?

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Wed Mar 31 07:52:40 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 23:22, Mark Haney wrote:
> I'm trying to update FC2T2 and i"m getting a dependency error with xsane,
> etc wanting libgimp-1.3, anyone have an idea where they are?  I can't find
> them on the CDs or any of the mirrors.

FC2t2 had a prerelease of gimp 2.0, there is now gimp-2.0.0 final in
Rawhide. You see the error because I didn't have the chance to rebuild
the packages dependent on libgimp* against the final version. I also
don't know why the final gimp package slipped into Rawhide, I wanted to
release it only after I did the rebuilding ;-).

In the meantime, you can just either skip updating gimp (e.g. "yum
--exclude=gimp --exclude=gimp-devel update") or rebuild the SRPMS of
xsane/gtkam/gimp-print against the new gimp-devel (uninstall the old
xsane/gtkam/gimp-print packages, the update should succeed now,
"rpmbuild --rebuild ..." the .src.rpms of these packages, install the
binary RPMs generated).

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com