FC2 test2 is a BAD joke

Pau Aliagas linuxnow at newtral.org
Wed Mar 31 08:06:44 UTC 2004

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Pau Aliagas wrote:

> > >That's it! Strange that previous versions were installable.
> > >I'll try the mknod trick or downloading a boot.iso from devel.
>
> > Please let me know how that goes.
>
> mknod does not work for me. Anaconda keeps on not seeing the disc.
>
> I'll try boot.iso tomorrow.

I've tried several ways to overcome the "no IDE drives found" problem AKA
bug #118941, to no success:

1. boot the fedora x86_64 DVD
2. mknod /dev/hda
3. boot with FC1 DVD and change to FC2T2
4. boot with vmlinuz + initrd from the FC2T2 DVD copied into /boot as
   explained in:
   www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2004-February/msg00445.html

The previous four methods have already been discussed but didn't work for
me.

4. boot with boot-iso from devel
5. boot with vmlinuz + initrd from the devel tree (same trick than before)

In both cases the hard disk and the cdrom are detected by the kernel, but
anaconda asks for a driver or driver disk.

If I choose Hard Disk, in vt3 it says:
devices[0] is TOSHIBA MK60221GAS - hda using ignore (not loaded)

If I choose Local CDROM, in vt3 it says:
devices[0] is PIONEER DVD-RW-DVR-K12RA - hdc using ignore (not loaded)

Filed in bugzilla.
Pau