Intel i8x0 audio issue

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Wed Mar 31 16:35:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 12:16, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 17:06:16 +0100, Igor Kolomiyets wrote:
>
> > Opps. I have the same behaviour with KDE. Anyways the problem is that the
> > sound system can be fired up only with "Play Test Sound" button. Which does
> > not seem to be right.
>
> Check your mixer settings, e.g. with alsamixer. Then run "alsactl store"
> as root.

I've noticed that doing so does not reliably store/restore *all* of the
settings.  For example, on my nForce-2 motherboard (using the intel8x0
driver), the 'mix' switch is not properly stored (or restored -- I'm not
sure which), although levels are.

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca
http://www.metacon.ca/ascii    / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves