ARRGH! Metacity is killing me.

Paul Jakma paul at dishone.st
Sat May 1 05:21:26 UTC 2004

On Sat, 1 May 2004, Matthew Miller wrote:

> Hmmmm. Under RHL 9, with a rebuilt basically-stock Window Maker,
> there was no problem with this.

Hmm.. I dont remember. If it worked fine with GNOME 2.2 (RHL9 was 2.2
wasn't it?), then it must have been GNOME 2.4 which changed things.
Certainly, with GNOME 2.4, the gnome-panel desktop switcher and
window list no longer function with WindowMaker as WM. Indeed,
probably most other WMs other than metacity and sawfish.

I dont follow GNOME development, and i'm sure there must be good
reasons for changing things, but from a user POV, the lack of
backwards compatibility for something as basic as this is a wee bit
annoying.

> (appears to be rpms/RPMS, by the way.)

Ah, oops, yes:

	http://hibernia.jakma.org/~paul/rpms/RPMS/i386/WindowMaker-0.81.0-1.i386.rpm

It's a slow link btw. Also, I believe current WindowMaker CVS has the
needed changes now.

regards,
	warning: do not ever send email to spam at dishone.st
Fortune:
Every word is like an unnecessary stain on silence and nothingness.
		-- Beckett