NVIDIA grpahics driver

Lewis Bloch conrad at lewscanon.com
Sat May 1 13:32:38 UTC 2004

I downloaded the NVIDIA graphics driver (source) for Linux and built it
for 2.6.1-1.65.  Everything was wonderful, until I updated the kernel.
No further build worked - that is, I cannot bring up X Windows in any
later kernel, despite having rebuilt the NVIDIA driver for each later
version.  Fortunately, I am able to return to 2.6.1-1.65 and all is
hunky-dory.

How can I use the NVIDIA driver successfully in later kernels?

--
-Lew Bloch
"I knew I shoulda toined left at Albequoique!" - Bugs Bunny