Gaim throwing tones of errors

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Sat May 1 20:56:13 UTC 2004

Jerone Young wrote:
> Using gaim 0.77-3 and when I check dmesg I see these:
>
> gaim[2650] trap divide error rip:32bf742cb0
> rsp:7fbfff8080 error:0
SNIP
> gaim[3042] trap divide error rip:32bf742cb0
> rsp:7fbfff7de0 error:0
>
> Gaim seems to be working fine, but it is doing
> something wrong.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  Can you please provide
the following information.

Which architecture is this?  I am guessing AMD64 based upon the register
names.

Which kernel version?

Which protocols are you using in gaim?

Upstream gaim developers have just informed me that the yahoo protocol
is totally broken on 64bit architectures.  Are you using yahoo?  Are you
seeing any behavior like this?

Thanks,
Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com