fc2t3: usb devices not accepting addresses, please confirm

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat May 1 21:32:58 UTC 2004

Okay, I'm testing how my test3 box handles all the usb devices i
currently have up and running without a hitch on my fc1 box, but it
seems im hitting a kernel level problem with
usb device detection. The one bugzilla report i found about this sort
of error was against rhl9
and suggested a system hardware failure.  So before i report this
problem to the zilla, Id
like to confirm if anyone has fc2t3 correctly seeing the same problem.

For my sanDisk Imagemate SDDR-31 flashcard usb reader i get these
messages in the /var/log/messages file when i plugin the usb device:
May  1 17:16:32 testbed kernel: usb 1-1: new full speed USB device
using address 6
May  1 17:16:33 testbed kernel: usb 1-1: device not accepting address
6, error -71
May  1 17:16:33 testbed kernel: usb 1-1: new full speed USB device
using address 7
May  1 17:16:34 testbed kernel: usb 1-1: device not accepting address
7, error -84

Ive also tried my ioplus PocketDisk usb keychain drive with similar
"not accepting address errors" on the test3 box, while it works on fc1
flawlessly. It could very well be the test box hardware is busted, so
if I'd like to see someone confirm if they have a problem with either
of these devices in fc2t3.

-jef"someone has to have that sddr-31 imagemate flashcard reader"spaleta