Adding fc2trc to Grub menu

Steven P. Ulrick ulrick2 at faith4miracle.org
Sun May 2 20:58:11 UTC 2004

On Sun, 02 May 2004 21:01:52 +0200
Peter Boy <pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de> wrote:

> Am So, den 02.05.2004 schrieb Steven P. Ulrick um 20:07:
> [...]
> > Here's the scenario: I have four devices hooked up to the two ide
> > busses on my motherboard.  They could be described something like
> > this: primary master: Western Digital 120 gig HD
> > primary slave: CD-ROM, indeterminate origin
> > Secondary Master: Maxtor 120 gig HD
> > Secondary Slave: Maxtor 40 gig HD
> >
> > I have grub installed on the master boot record, but I installed
> > FC2TR3 on the Secondary Slave, and chose to install GRUB on that
> > disc,
>
> I'm not shure, what what you exactly did. Did you partition your disc
> to have a separate /boot partition (/dev/hdc1 traditionally) and a
> partition for root (/dev/hdc2) and did you instruct grub to install in
> /dev/hdc1? In this case you may try:
>
> title Fedora Core 2tr3 (2.6.5-1.327)
>         rootnoverify (hd2,0)
>         chainloader +1
>
> Should work the same way, if you did install all the stuff into one
> partition ( /dev/hdc1 = hd(2,0) )
>

> Given your setup, what is the error message you receive?
>

> Peter

Hello, Peter :)
I added the entry you said I should try to grub.conf, and it works like
a charm :)  But now I understand why some people are talking on the
kde-devel list about KDE not working on Fedora Core.  KDE won't even
start :(  But hey, the reason I installed Fedora Core 2 Test Release 3
is to try to install KDE from source, and possible from CVS HEAD, so
that maybe we can figure out why some peopl are having these issues.
But thanks again, Peter.  Other than the KDE issue, everything worked
perfectly :)

Steven P. Ulrick