nVidia RIVA TNT - any success story?ll

Janusz J Sadowski austran at mts.net
Mon May 3 03:09:27 UTC 2004

Hi,
I've got RIVA TNT and it worked well with XFree86 4.3.0. As of Fedora Core 2
Test 3 it stsrts nicely with KDE and works until I actually run somethig. It
locks my computer even if I want to run desktop config. I had exactly same
story under NetBSD with XFree86 4.4.0 where it locked my PC when I tried to
to do ls -lR / which was quite fast output. So I guess rhat the nv driver
for this card is broken and it's not kernel-2.6 related. But if you have any
solution (better driver) please post it.

Thanks.
Janusz.