FC2T3 on emachines 6805 laptop

Kenny Speer kenny.speer at comcast.net
Mon May 3 04:41:21 UTC 2004

ok, sending this again since the last msg was too large:

yup, you need a couple patches.  I have the same laptop.  attached is my
  kernel config as well as the patches you need:

copy the patches to the /usr/src/linux directory if it doesn't exist do
this:
cd /usr/src
ln -s /usr/src/linux-2.6.5-1.327 linux

copy config-2.6.5-1.327custom to /usr/src/linux/.config
cd linux
patch -p1 < patch-amd64-via-ioapic
patch -p1 < patch-m680x-pcmcia-acpi-fix
make menuconfig
[immediately quit]
make && make bzImage && make modules && make modules_install
make install

you can also just do:
make && make modules_install
but I prefer the oldschool method

Then use my xorg.conf which is attached.  Should work without a problem.
  Although I am using an external DRI which if you have issues I can
point you to l8r.

One thing I am also using is pcmcia-cs but I'm not sure it's required.

I'm writing this via an Intersil 802.11 pcmcia via orinico_cs.