nVidia and ATi drivers in Fedora 2

Andrew Farris fedora at andrewfarris.com
Mon May 3 11:20:40 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 12:48 +0200, Josep Puigdemont wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 11:49, Christian Menzel wrote:
> > On Mo, 2004-05-03 at 10:36, Josep Puigdemont wrote:
> >
> > > I don't think this is true, as I have kernel 2.6.5 here with nvidia
> > > binary drivers correctly installed and working.
> >
> > but not the Fedora stock kernel, I assume?
>
> No, you're right, it's a custom kernel.
>
> Which are the patches that break the nvidia drivers?
> Thanks.
>
> /Josep

linux-2.6.5-nostack.patch <- makes 4KSTACKS always on (no config option)
The config itself has CONFIG_4KSTACKS=y and CONFIG_REGPARM=y, both of
which break the nVIDIA driver version 5336.  It has been discussed at
length here and on the nVIDIA linux forum (nvnews.net).  The new driver
expected out 'soon' should fix both... we play a waiting game.
(building custom kernels takes care of the issue for now)

--
Andrew Farris, CPE senior (California Polytechnic State University, SLO)
fedora at andrewfarris.com :: lmorgul on irc.freenode.net