Scanner Frustration

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Tue May 4 01:57:19 UTC 2004

Michael Styne wrote:
>> I have been trying to get my Epson 1240U scanner (which works in
>> everything prior to FC2Tx) to work, following bugzilla report 121511.
>> It is not clear exactly what needs to be done that seems to work for
>> some others.  Could someone post a complete step-by-step process to
>> this list that details how to get usb scanners to work in FC2T3?
>>
>> Having a working scanner is a requirement for me to use FC2 when it is
>> released.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Gerry Tool
>>

> Gerry,
>
> Not sure if it'll help or not, but I managed to get my epson MFP working.
>
> http://east.alphamonkey.org/view/notes/394.php
>
> Things are a little different with the 2.6 kernel.
>
> Mike

Thanks a million for your reply, Mike.  The combination of changing
permissions on the /proc/bus/usb/.... file for the scanner according to
Jim Cornette and modifying  epson.conf according to your instructions
made the scanner functional.  I had modified the epson.conf file to
uncomment the last line (always worked before), but changing that line
to just "usb" was necessary.  I had not come across any directions that
this is the thing to do.  I wonder why this file doesn't get installed
with this change.

Gerry Tool