Scanner Frustration

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Tue May 4 13:35:57 UTC 2004

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 07:44:55AM -0400, Sandy Pond wrote:

> A new version of sane just came out with "Added scripts for USB
> hotplugging".  Hopefully there's time to get it in.
>
> http://www.sane-project.org/

There isn't, but please try the 1.0.13-6 package here:

ftp://people.redhat.com/twaugh/tmp/sane-backends/

The USB hotplug data is included, as well as a script.  This script
operates in exactly the same way as the one for USB cameras --
i.e. the current console user gets ownership of the device *when it is
plugged in*.

Better suggestions welcome.  It would be nice if the pam_console stuff
interacted more nicely with hotplug scripts that depend on 'current
console user', but I don't see a nice way of doing that.

Tim.
*/